Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Letter from Mom

Daughter,

I know after all these years you must still be wondering why I pushed you so hard to be a prodigy while you were a child. It isn’t because I was never proud of you or because I was ashamed of who you were. I only wanted you to be the best version of yourself that you could possibly be. I thought that the best way for you to do this was to pick something to do and work hard at becoming the best at it. I realize now that it might have been more successful if you chose what you wanted to do instead of me choosing it for you but I did not understand that then.  It thought that the more I pushed you the more you would want to work at becoming great at whatever you were doing. I also wanted to let you know how proud of you I was the night of your piano performance, even if it did not seem like I was. I hope you have forgiven me for pushing you so hard to do things that you didn’t want to do and I hope you will be happy with whatever you do for the rest of your life.

Love,
Mom       

1 comment:

  1. Good! You show mom's good intentions and her genuine love for her daughter. Can you mention China?

    ReplyDelete