Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Dear Mom... I Quit

Mom,

I wanted to let you know that I quit my job as a cashier at A&P today. As I was looking at Stokesie, I thought about how he was twenty two years old with two kids and working at a grocery store. It was really turning into a career for him.  I started to worry that my life was beginning to be on the same track as his and at that point I started to think about quitting. Later, a few girls came in wearing bathing suits and Mr. Lengel decided that he wouldn’t allow that in his grocery store. When he confronted the girls about it he was rude and offensive. He also made the girls feel very embarrassed about it. At that moment I decided that I didn’t want to work at A&P anymore. I hope you will understand and support my decision.

Love,
Sammy

1 comment:

  1. You show a Sammy who is standing up for his principles. Good! You also mention the job and Lengel. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete